Cottesloe Car & Ute Hire Terms & Conditions
PLEASE READ YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
1. The Renter/s agrees to:
a) Return the said car to the Owner at the depot from which it was taken at the agreed time stipulated.
b) Not apportion blame and assist the Owner with the recovery of damages.
c) Accept responsibility for a breach of these conditions by either driver, if an alternate is listed.
d) Not allow any other person to drive the said car. A breach of this term voids the insurance.
e) Drive the said car only on sealed roads. A breach of this term voids the insurance.
f) Not refuse to be tested for, nor drive whilst impaired by alcohol or drugs. A breach of this term voids the insurance.
g) Report any accidents or theft by providing all the details on the Owners accident-report-form forthwith and confirm those details with a Statutory Declaration and Police Report.
h) Only have the car towed or repaired with the permission of the Owner. In an emergency the Owner may issue an order number covering a quotation, to recover the car.
i) A $90 administration fee for each traffic infringement, in addition to the fine.
j) A $70 call-out fee for each roadside service (provided by cottesloe car & ute hire) if the hirer is at fault ie flat battery from lights being left on.
k) Not drive the car beyond a 500km radius of Perth; this includes Kalbarri, Kalgoorlie & Esperance. (A prior $110 endorsement extends usage to Kalgoorlie, Esperance, Kalbarri, excludes Hedland, Broome, Darwin and Exmouth) . A breach of this term voids the insurance.
l) Not drive the vehicle recklessly or in a way that is grossly negligent. A breach of this term voids the insurance.
2. The Renter/s warrants that s/he, and the listed co-driver, are the holders of a valid motor vehicle driver’s licence, and should they not, all insurance is void and the driver is liable for all costs that have been incurred as a result of not holding a valid driver’s license in relation to the hire vehicle or third party.
3. The Renter/s agrees to the following apportionment and limitations of costs, by authorizing to have the nominated credit card or any other credit card that has been provided throughout the course of the hire debited during or after the hire or paying the Owner on the agreed return date:
a) The charges as agreed on the face hereof and any outstanding monies from subsequent extension of the initial hire contract.
b) A $2000 maximum for each occurrence of damage, irrespective of fault, including windscreen damage, tyre damage, lost Satnav, lost keys, petrol,
cleaning fees and street directory.
c) Damages related to a breach of these conditions; including wilful damage and theft damages where the keys have not been returned to the Owner.
d) If the damages are disputed, the owner will provide an itemized assessment with photos upon the request from the hirer.
e) Prior to charging the nominated credit card, Cottesloe car hire will take reasonable steps to first contact the customer and provide them with an invoice for the charges if requested.
4. Should the said car not be returned within the agreed time, the renter may be deemed to have stolen the car and the owner may take steps to regain possession, including police action and nationwide circulation of personal details with photographs.
5. No refunds will be given for early return of vehicle.
6. A cleaning fee of at least $110 applies to any vehicle smelling of cigarettes, filthy, stained or substantially dirty, with an emphasis on the interior of the vehicle.
7. The renter must provide a credit/debit card that is in their name in person unless otherwise agreed upon, to hire a vehicle.
8. If the vehicle is returned after hours a petrol receipt must be left in the centre console of the vehicle to indicate time of return, and is accepted by the renter that they are responsible for the vehicle until the vehicle is taken back into our possession, which is when we are next open.
9. Approval must be given prior to the extension of the rental contract and payment for the extension must be made in advance.
10. The Owner has the right to terminate the rental contract and take immediate possession of the vehicle if the renter breaches the contract or if the vehicle is damaged.
11. For hires longer than 28 days, renters are asked to return for a vehicle inspection every 28 days
12. Entire Agreement : This agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the parties and supersedes all communications, negotiations, arrangements and agreements, whether oral or written, between the parties with respect to the subject matter of this Agreement .
13. Waiver : Failure to exercise, or any delay in exercising, any right or remedy provided under this agreement or by law shall not constitute a waiver of that or any other right or remedy, nor shall it preclude or restrict any further exercise of that or any other right or remedy.
14. Amendments : Any waiver, alteration, amendment or modification of any of the terms of this agreement shall be valid only if made in writing and signed by the proprietor.
As of 22/11/2021